Monday 17 October 2011

How-to-make an owl pinata


I'm doing well on catching up with my lost blog posts, I hope you agree. Unfortunately this may prove to be a rather unsatisfactory how-to as I didn't take as many pictures as I should have of the process. However I know that my readers are very intelligent and will quickly figure out what you need to do. If you do have any questions please leave a comment below and I will get back to you.


Blow up a massive balloon (bigger than your head) and cover it with three layers of paper mache. You can find the recipe here.


Cut off one of the smaller end.


Let kidlets fill the pinata with sweets.


I have cunningly missed out a stage here for added confusion. Reattach the end with plenty of packing tape but reverse it so it is con-caving into the balloon (this is so the pinata can stand up).

Then allow kidlets to paint the pinata with acrylic paint.


Cut two hole in the top and thread ribbon through, see here also.

Cut up strips of crepe paper and fringe them. Attach with a glue gun starting on the base and working your way up to the top of his head.


Add a beak and eyes with a glue gun.

Admire your creation.

Then let ten 5 year olds batter it with a stick until all that is left is dust!
xxx

4 comments:

  1. This is *darling*! I'm saving it for when my not-yet-born granddaughter has her first owl birthday party, because knowing her mommy, that will happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely and versatile too. It would be lovely for a new baby or christening celebration. I have added it to my new blog post of 35 favourite homemade piñata tutorials. http://www.stylemyparty.co.uk/blog/35-pinata-tutorials-diy/
    Rake a look it's been twitter wooing the readers! Stacy :)

    ReplyDelete