Tuesday 25 September 2012

The Cake and Bake Show

I spent last weekend at The Cake and Bake Show in Earl's Court. I had a fabulous time and meet lots of lovely ladies at my demonstrations. Thankyou everyone who came and said hello, it made the days very special. I did take some pictures but they were with my phone so they are not great, but I'll share them with you anyway!




















This is the classroom area where I demonstrated cake painting techniques. Don't worry it did fill up. And Here am I ready to start.



















I bought some Crumbs and Doilies cupcakes which were delicious. Thechocolate are by Paul A Young who is a gorgeous man and his chocolate are genuinely the best I have ever tasted. 

These are some of the cakes entered into the edible beach competition. The one on the left won it's category. I really liked the sticks of fondant rock on the other!






















These are two of the many show cakes. The wedding cake is by Rachelles, who I meet at the show and she is lovely. The moody mermaid is by Dan P Carter, she was very rock and roll.


Finally there were loads of lovely goodies to purchase. I bought some cake pop holders to use for my cookies and Edd Kimber's new book, which was a special show preview. I found these butterfly cutters on Baker and Maker's stand for all those who had asked about the cutters I used for my butterfly cake. I didn't get my set from here but they look fairly similar. The sprinkles were amazing but I managed to contain myself!
There is already new dates on the Cake and Bake Show website for the next show which will be in Manchester.
xxx





1 comment:

  1. I love your work!! What do you use to paint your cakes? The colours are so gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete