Wednesday 31 July 2013

Weddings, weddings and more weddings

Yes it's that time of year again, wedding bells are ringing, brides are blooming and cake makers are sweating through the night in hot kitchens, making sure their cakes do not melt!
This is one of the reasons that I have been very neglectful of my blog recently. The other reason is that I have started writing a book, I can't say any more yet but it will be published late next year. I will keep you posted!
These will be the last two cakes I have made before the holidays, I am spending the summer hunched over a laptop writing.







































This cake was for a fabulous venue, a hall in Emmanuel college, Cambridge. There were to be fresh flowers on top of the cake, but I do not have a photo of that yet.

























































This next cake was for a wedding in a great barn, they had decked it out in bunting and vintage china tea sets, so wanted a cake that would match that theme.

I will try and get a recipe or two created for you over the holidays, but for now, keep painting.
xxx

6 comments:

  1. How did you secure the teacup to the cake? Beautiful design idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The teacup is just sitting on top of the cake, there is a dowel underneath. x

      Delete
  2. Hi,

    Is this cake covered with Floral rice paper? It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete