Tuesday 31 December 2013

Cardamom thins recipe (biscuits to welcome in the New Year!)

Surely there cannot be a better way to usher in the New Year than to be stuffing your face with sweet sugary goodness. Yeah sure, you could spend this time with all your loved ones and friends, having fun and creating treasured memories, blah-de-blah, etc etc. But why not also start 2014 in the manner you intend to see it out...or with one last hurrah before the New Years resolutions kick in. So here is an easy recipe to help you to quickly whip up a batch of goodies in time for tonight's celebrations. You can find the full recipe at the bottom of this post.
















































I received a mortar and pestle for Christmas, something that has been on my wish list for quite some time, so I wanted to utilise this in my bake, and cardamom conjures up the scent of the season for me, I love the little pods full of seeds which burst in little pops of flavour as you bite them. 











As these biscuits are for New Years eve I wanted a little extra surprise, so I added a few pieces of popping candy to the center of the sandwich. If you can find chocolate covered popping candy use this, otherwise you need to create your own, or the pop will all be gone by the time you come to eating the cookie up.





                          

Download the recipe by clicking on the arrow or click on the printer to print it out.

Happy New Year, thank you for all your support and encouragement this year, and here's to a fabulous 2014!
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment